Photo

Cookies or sessions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Cookies (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

2. Sessions (53 votes [89.83%])

Percentage of vote: 89.83%

Vote

#21 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

okay, neylitalo, you got a point there, i like the word you chose as well.
Ted
Currently working on a website called NetFriending.co.cc, it is a free social networking site, features such as guestbook, blogs, are fully customizable in NetFriending, also has a forum to help you get to know others, if you are interested in the site, the url is: NetFriending.co.cc Hope everyone can get involved because the site is still quite new, so not much people are there at the moment, please feel free to leave a comment there or send a message to our staff. Register Here The link above is for registeration, it is 100% Free and Safe, everyone there is friendly and you can build your network. Photo sharing upload your own photos as well!!!

#22 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:07 AM

okay, neylitalo, you got a point there, i like the word you chose as well.
Ted

Which word was that?
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#23 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:26 AM

mutually exclusive, sounds very mathematical. :D
Ted
Currently working on a website called NetFriending.co.cc, it is a free social networking site, features such as guestbook, blogs, are fully customizable in NetFriending, also has a forum to help you get to know others, if you are interested in the site, the url is: NetFriending.co.cc Hope everyone can get involved because the site is still quite new, so not much people are there at the moment, please feel free to leave a comment there or send a message to our staff. Register Here The link above is for registeration, it is 100% Free and Safe, everyone there is friendly and you can build your network. Photo sharing upload your own photos as well!!!

#24 Scriptor

Scriptor
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:36 PM

Sessions are usefull if you need to just store some data that you're going to use later, coockies would be better if you are going to store something for a while. For the coding I'm currently doing, I use sessions.

#25 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:55 AM

okay seriously, I think it has been long established that this isn't really a proper poll, since you wouldn't normally *choose* sessions over cookies. 

thread closed.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users