MySql language character problem after import

Ozz

I have changed my server and first I export my sql file from old server.

After importing this database to the new server I saw Turkish characters are turned like ı characters. There is no problem in the sql file before import. But after importing only TR characters are changing.

And another strange thing that happens only some tables not all.

I tried to figure out table preferences but nothing seem so important.

I tried so many ways to get those characters normally but no result.

Please help me to find out the solution.

• 2 years later...

check for your collation in mysql tables. It might be the problem. Use latin5_turkish.

I have such a problem too but it doesnt seem to be solved with collation options. I can write them correct on the db tables but while fetching I loose the characters. It might be because of encoding I have tried all the turkish encodings but it seems to fail again.

Any idea? Did not want to open a new topic.

Collations are tricky, especially across different versions... it's easy to lose data this way. Please specify all pertinent information regarding the old and new servers, etc. I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm using wampserver with php5 and mysql5 support.

Got an idea why can't i show turkish characters on the browser. Seems that everything fine in the db (at least i see them with phpmyadmin) but while the fetch operation, i can't get turkish characters. I tired differend character encodings but all seems to fail.

Got an idea?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.