Need help on something.

mojopanel

Hello. i am wanting to make a forum script like phpbb2 (the one they made before phpbb3), as i own a free hosting script that i am wanting to add a forum to... Can any one help me please..

Read a tutorial.

Well i made a forum that is a simple one, but i want to make one that is very simple.. Well i am learning php, i am willing for some one to help me as much as they want.. And i have read a tutorial.. Well this forum is more or less needed for my free hosting script (mojo-panel.com) so people can have a support forum for people to get help when people download my script and set it up..etc... You get me

Well, you'll need separate forums, which can be achieved by having a forum column in your topics table.  Then, you'll show a list of the forums (stored in a separate table for normalization).  Once a user clicked on a category, it would show only posts of that category.  When creating a thread, the thread would be in the category under which it was created.

I don't know what your current table schema looks like, but I would do something pretty much like this:

CREATE TABLE users (

user_id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,

user_name varchar(64),

user_password char(32) --md5'd

);

CREATE INDEX idx_user_name ON users(user_name);

CREATE TABLE forums (

forum_id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,

forum_name varchar(255),

forum_description varchar(255)

--You would probably want other columns

);

CREATE TABLE posts (

post_id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,

post_title varchar(255),

post_content text

user_id INT NOT NULL,

forum_id INT NOT NULL

--you would of course have other columns

);

See how it would all map together?

I'm assuming you can do the PHP part since you've managed to make a free hosting script.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.