adding the values of two columns together

Justnew

I am trying to add a value to an existing value in the coumn by using the select statement

select tea, mango, pepper price + profit as price from products

the profit have a default value of 200. when I run the query I only get the value of the profit

Can someone help me out

Justnew, if you utilized either of my previous examples, the price column individually is non-existent. This is due to the fact that we have combined the values of the price and profit columns and then proceeded to alias that sum as total with the AS keyword. I do not recommend aliasing two columns with an original column name. To clarify why your previous method did not work is because the AS keyword is optional when aliasing a SELECT expression. So by not separating the pepper and price columns with a single coma you effectively aliased the pepper, price, and profit columns as price.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.