Is PHP capable of handling data from voice recognition...

lukeprice

I have a brief from a dentist client who has asked me to research the possibility of automating the following scenario:

1. He speaks into a lapel mike which renders the data into text on word processing software or spreadsheet etc.
2. A programme (PHP based?) searches the text for key words which will be prompts for the same software to perform actions (open sub-categories etc. within the word processor/spreadsheet)
3. Once the checkup is complete the dentist speaks a prompt word and the software (PHP?) sends the information gathered to Excel or similar, where a copy then gets printed and emailed to the client

Is this possible with PHP, I know voice recognition software is widely available and poses no problems. I am struggling to understand wether a PHP based application could work as the search facility, prompt and bridge between the different applications etc. ?

Do I need to find another solution or could this be done?

Thank you in advance.

There are meny 3rd party packages that do this already they let a user speak into a mike then the package can be set to send the spocken written text to be sent to a person.

i think the only benifits is for you to get the written information and add it to the database for the dentist to see the wriiten letters he/she sent.

but i am sure if you use download.com there are already packages that can do as all that your asking, and your be wasting your time as this project will take a long time .

good luck.

Ok it would be fun to redisgn a speach program and then use php to do all the mysql entrys for that clients letters.

but will be a headake and would you get paid enough?

so really comes down to what spech program you will work with and even better a speach program that has a built in database so all entrys can be passed to mysql.

so you have to do the following i think.

1. find a good speach program find were all the entrys are stored.
2.insert those entry to a mysql databasce.
3.copy all the voice entys to a folder and use the voice entrys file name to the letter file name.
4.add  a search page for written entrys.
5. nice site done

good luck.

ps. maybe there is a way to controll the speach program within php so it's all controlled via php looks like you designed all but in realaty all your doing is using php to controll all the buttons ect ect..........

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.