ZEND Cracked by me!

dreamwest

Is decrypting zend files illegal??

Isnt that what we do everyday when we hack into windows??.....my thoughts too

Ive built a windows bat file that will decrypt zend files...pieced together from code at sourceforge.net.

Post a encypted zend file and ill decrypt it (attachment) - just to prove it.

Its interesting to know that im an unexperienced c++ programmer but still wss able to decypt zend

Is decrypting zend files illegal??

Doesn't seem like a very bright thing to be asking after you've already done it, and bragged about it..

Its interesting to know that im an unexperienced c++ programmer but still wss able to decypt zend

Interesting to...who? Especially when you admit you just c/p'ed somebody else's code...what would be interesting to know is whether you have any clue what this frankenstein code you "made" actually does.

Interesting to...who? Especially when you admit you just c/p'ed somebody else's code...what would be interesting to know is whether you have any clue what this frankenstein code you "made" actually does.

OH SHIT!! youve found me out......ahhh dammit.

Yes i stuck a few pieces of code together and claimed it as a mod.

Still dosent mean i cant do it MUAHHAHAAHAH!!

OH SHIT!! youve found me out......ahhh dammit.

Yes i stuck a few pieces of code together and claimed it as a mod.

Still dosent mean i cant do it MUAHHAHAAHAH!!

Do you know how many people can "decrypt" serial numbers? Just because you can download code and run it, doesn't make you a genious :)

I'm sorry, you just came off cocky in your post.

Someone has already called you out on this but....  Here's my go:

"Its interesting to know that im an unexperienced c++ programmer but still wss able to decypt zend"

You didn't technically do anything but copy and paste and know how to use a compiler.  WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Hrmmmm....  As for legalities, I would imagine it's legal as long as the content that you are decrypting isn't under a license which you can't decrypt it under.  (Obviously if it's encrypted, that won't be the case.)

"Isnt that what we do everyday when we hack into windows??.....my thoughts too"

Explain.  When we hack into Windows?  You sure do use the term hack loosely.  Do you mean it here in it's original meaning, to manipulate something?  (Well, sorta.)  Or do you mean actually hack Windows?  Do you mean modify it in memory?  Change resource files?  Extend it?  Change small things?  Or what?  And I don't hack into Windows everyday.

Oh, by the way, depending on what you mean by hacking Windows, it could possibly be illegal.  Yeah, you own it, but you don't own it ;p.

So uh, I've kind of been a dick in this post, but did you really make this thread just to tell us how awesome you are?  Man maybe someday I can have mad Zend Encoder decrypting skills.

Don't know what you were hoping to accomplish.  Did you think we would be impressed?  If you honestly just wanted to tell us that it's funny you figured it out so quickly, then sorry 'bout being a dick, but it seems to me like you meant it all in a bragging way, in which case you seem like just another script kiddie to me.

A hack is anything thats modified from the original code.

"Its interesting to know that im an unexperienced c++ programmer but still wss able to decypt zend"

Zend is supposed to be this high powered security system.....BUT ITS NOT when even I - a lowly programmer can split its head....Yes i do feel cocky about this!

but did you really make this thread just to tell us how awesome you are? 

YES. And to prove it to

Did you think we would be impressed? 

Im impressed, so stands to reason someone who CANT DECYPT ZEND will be impressed :P

Yup....  Script kiddie.

I would like to correct you.  You have no idea how the decryption works, so you should probably shut your mouth.  Code it from scratch your self, and then I will be impressed.  I don't know if I could do it or not, and I don't really care.  I'm sure if I had your mad Googling skills and found the right things like you did I could.

I would like to correct you.  You have no idea how the decryption works

Your right. and i never claimed to know the workings. but compiling the program was work enough in itself.....thats what open source is for REMEMBER!.....allows ppl to build off other scripts to make new programs.

But getting back to my original point, anyone wanting to really test if i can decrypt zend files can post an attachment and ill decrypt it........now thats impressive! 

Peace homie

I really don't see how you can possibly be proud of taking someone else's code and running it.  Because that's all you did.  I mean, if you wanna pat yourself on the back, by all means, go ahead.  Just don't expect anybody else to be impressed. 

Kind of reminds me of when my mom calls me up saying she bought a computer and she's proud of herself because she got it up and running all by herself.  Well whoopty doo you just plug the color coded wires in the box and flip the switch and it installs itself.  I would never burst her bubble, though.  She is, after all, my mom, and I love her. 

But you aren't my mom.  POP.

Yes thats it.

I built my decrypter off the base of this. It has some flaws though some files output obsucure code

Ive compared the modifications ive made to mine and there are only minor code problems like adding r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n to the mysql sections but that can be fixed.

By the way what php version are you running the file you posted??

From what I can gather, it doesn't work with Zend Guard files (meant to encode), only Zend Optimizer (meant to improve performance). Or maybe it does. It didn't for me though (php 5.2.6 and zend guard 5.0).

In any case, I don't see what you are so damn proud of. I cracked Far Cry 2. Ok I downloaded a patch and applied it, but it was cracked by me. Ain't I cool.

No offense (maybe a little), but you haven't shown any skill yourself. You're just a script kiddie, or as an Urban Dictionary entry puts it: "An idiot 12 year old kid with no social life that runs around in a Jedi outfit and uses some prewritten programs to h4xx0r his school"

As for the legalities:

The law regarding reverse engineering in the computer software and hardware context is less clear' date=' but has been described by many courts as an important part of software development. The reverse engineering of software faces considerable legal challenges due to the enforcement of anti reverse engineering licensing provisions and the prohibition on the circumvention of technologies embedded within protection measures. By enforcing these legal mechanisms, courts are not required to examine the reverse engineering restrictions under federal intellectual property law. In circumstances involving anti reverse engineering licensing provisions, courts must first determine whether the enforcement of these provisions within contracts are preempted by federal intellectual property law considerations. Under DMCA claims involving the circumvention of technological protection systems, courts analyze whether or not the reverse engineering in question qualifies under any of the exemptions contained within the law. [/quote']

You have the wrong thought here.

You did not crack zend 'encoder'. Since zend 'encoder' does not have a decrypted hash. And opposingly never will for year's.

When you see the <?php @Zend it clarify's to connect to zend 'encoder's website to show the provided file to show up on the page.

Reverse engeneering. If so why has md5() or sha1() never been decrypted? Because there is no possible way as of yet.

Of course we can create a permutation program but that would take a couple year's yet for one of the best dedicated server's to run 1 million decryption's per second. Still... will take year's to find the correct decryption.

As for your program. All it does is lure you into false thinking of cracking 'zend encoder' while all it does is display's the page and get's the source and try's to copy it and then give you a false code. While on the other hand like some one already said.. check's your C:/.. have a good time when you find your pc screen going all wierd on you  ;)

If so why has md5() or sha1() never been decrypted? Because there is no possible way as of yet.

Or rather, because they're hashing algorithms and, as such, are one-way.

Well... I suppose quantum computers might be able (one day) to recreate all possible inputs of hashing function that result in given hash :D So 'there is no possible way as of yet' is pretty accurate ;)

If so why has md5() or sha1() never been decrypted? Because there is no possible way as of yet.

Or rather, because they're hashing algorithms and, as such, are one-way.

Well... I suppose quantum computers might be able (one day) to recreate all possible inputs of hashing function that result in given hash :D So 'there is no possible way as of yet' is pretty accurate ;)

Not really. Given that a hashing function could accept arbitrarily large input, you could always increase the size of your input to generate a new value that maps to the same hash.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.