ZEND Cracked by me!

dreamwest

Just add more qubits :P

Anyway... even if it was possible, vast majority of 'regenerated' inputs would be just trash.

Adding more qubits just means i repeat my argument :P Now, if we have a computer with infinite processing power...

Any any case, you're right with the last statement so having a known list of potential inputs to generate a hash isn't decryption it's basically still a rainbow table.

If so why has md5() or sha1() never been decrypted? Because there is no possible way as of yet.

Or rather, because they're hashing algorithms and, as such, are one-way.

Well... I suppose quantum computers might be able (one day) to recreate all possible inputs of hashing function that result in given hash :D So 'there is no possible way as of yet' is pretty accurate ;)

Not really. Given that a hashing function could accept arbitrarily large input, you could always increase the size of your input to generate a new value that maps to the same hash.

While the domain is infinitely large, the size of the range is still constant. The more you try to squash in, the more will have to share the same hash. For MD5 you only need 2128 different inputs to be able to get at least one matching hash.

killah, the above is also why no hashing algorithm can possibly be reverted and thus "decrypted". A mathematical function can by definition only have one output value y per x. This also means that for a function to have a opposite function, it's required that each x only has only one y. A hashing algorithm works kind of like this:

x1 -\

x2 --- y

xn -/

If you try to reverse that, such that y is the argument of the function, then y would have to correspond to multiple x values, which is of course not possible because one couldn't possibly figure out whether x1, x2 or xn is the correct value.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying.

Though, i'm not sure i'd be talking about something being 'only' 2128:P

3.4*10^38 ... that's about billion times more than number of bacterial cells on Earth and that's about billion times more than number of stars within range of modern telescopes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(numbers)

All i can say and leave this topic to is..

A reverse engeneering program has not been made so go keep your little skill's to your self and let your self think that you cracked 'zend encoder'.

The above was directed at the topic starter and to no one else.

First off hack or cracking is not illegal.. but check the licence agreement (breaking that is illegal) and most state you are NOT allowed hack/crack it..

ZEND Encoded/Encrypted files can be decrypted, thay have had a weakness for a long time (atleast 2 years) the old hack was inface a hacked PHP+Apache on linux, the basic idea is that Zend basically converted into a byte code this made it smaller, quicker, but also impossible to read by people.. a few tweaks ie and an optional obfuscator and you have a zend encoded file.. the problem is the whole file get decoded in memory infact its very close to the interpreted code you started with.. thus not that hard to "decrypt", this is becase of the way php is designed its designed to be an interpreted language and not a complied one..

and yes i can "decrypt" files i have since 2007.. So it stands to reason that i am very NOT impressed!

and you my kiddie scripter friend have not written a hack for anything!

And just as a just a quick note about MD5... as far as i am aware the quickest way to pair a HASH with a plain text format  is to use a PS3 (yes a playstation) reason.. well the PS was designed to do simple calulations very quickly and MD5 is a simple calc. google "ps3 crackstation" or something

I would like to correct you.  You have no idea how the decryption works

Your right. and i never claimed to know the workings. but compiling the program was work enough in itself.....thats what open source is for REMEMBER!.....allows ppl to build off other scripts to make new programs.

But getting back to my original point, anyone wanting to really test if i can decrypt zend files can post an attachment and ill decrypt it........now thats impressive! 

Peace homie

You said you split its head.

I don't consider compiling a program some ninja-hackery.

And just as a just a quick note about MD5... as far as i am aware the quickest way to pair a HASH with a plain text format  is to use a PS3 (yes a playstation) reason.. well the PS was designed to do simple calulations very quickly and MD5 is a simple calc. google "ps3 crackstation" or something

http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/Nostradamus/

Probably most impressive example

Interesting to...who? Especially when you admit you just c/p'ed somebody else's code...what would be interesting to know is whether you have any clue what this frankenstein code you "made" actually does.

OH SHIT!! youve found me out......ahhh dammit.

Yes i stuck a few pieces of code together and claimed it as a mod.

Still dosent mean i cant do it MUAHHAHAAHAH!!

now anyone really can hack just about anything they want you really just have to know how to use Google and have a lot of time on your hand or a reason to do it. decryption isnt as hard as making a strong encryption because people who work on there encrypting methods  also sell the decrypting methods to rival company's and they leak it and many people enjoy the puzzle of it so they also do it for the fun of it then post how they did it. but the people who write encryption try not to reuse old ways because its easy to "hack" i am currently writing my own method but its hard than it sounds to write it takes a strong understanding of higher level maths that i don't have (because i am still in high school) but ive learned a lot and honestly i would be more amazed if you wrote and encryption method and made a message and let us try to decrypt it.  plus if your just learning try using VB you may still just be copying scripts but at lest you might understand some of it.

I would like to correct you.  You have no idea how the decryption works

Your right. and i never claimed to know the workings. but compiling the program was work enough in itself.....thats what open source is for REMEMBER!.....allows ppl to build off other scripts to make new programs.

But getting back to my original point, anyone wanting to really test if i can decrypt zend files can post an attachment and ill decrypt it........now thats impressive! 

Peace homie

You said you split its head.

I don't consider compiling a program some ninja-hackery.

I must be a goddamn Jedi-ninja-pirate master serving the wiles of Chuck Norris given how many times I've compiled C++ programs and my .NET projects.  Phear my kewl h4x!

This reminds me of today when my hardware teacher mentioned in passing Revelation for passwords basically to just say that your computer isn't secure if someone is at it. Then these two kids jotted it down and smiled at eachother and even highfived. Later one of them was like "Shut up or I'll use Revelation on you". This is the same kid that didn't know what a switch statement was and said he was confused because his laptop said Centrino but his System Propperties said Core 2.

$(r1p7 |<1dd13s 4 l1F3!!!one!

This reminds me of today when my hardware teacher mentioned in passing Revelation for passwords basically to just say that your computer isn't secure if someone is at it. Then these two kids jotted it down and smiled at eachother and even highfived. Later one of them was like "Shut up or I'll use Revelation on you". This is the same kid that didn't know what a switch statement was and said he was confused because his laptop said Centrino but his System Propperties said Core 2.

$(r1p7 |<1dd13s 4 l1F3!!!one!

Wow.  Just wow.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.