php not working now.... IE wants to DL .php files.

just-j

my php scripts just stopped working..  i use wamp 5 to have a local server so i can script and test without having to be connected to the internet..  well yesterday i was writing some code and went to test it and IE asked me if i wanted to open or save the .php file...  any suggestions on how to fix this?  i even tried <?php phpinfo(); ?> and still got the download box.  i didnt change any settings in wamp,  it just decided to quit working on its own.  so any help would be nice..  maby uninstall and reinstall wamp 5?  i dont know.. do you?

this problem is probably because Apache isn't running.
try starting Apache, however you do it in WAMP, and this problem should be fixed.

if you're a regular PHP developer, i recommend you add Apache as a service so that it begins everytime your OS boots.

apache is running and when i test port 80 it says apache and php is using this port.  but it still wants to download the .php file...  should i delete wamp5 all together and just get php, mysql, and apache as the stand alone installations instead of this all in one wamp program?

How are you invoking your scripts? Via a url like http://localhost/script.html or are you double clicking the file? If you're double clicking, that's you're problem. Double clicking does not send the file through the Apache webserver, but just brings up a browser which tries to figure out what you want and most browsers do not know  what do do with PHP files.

Ken

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.