Problems on MSSQL conection

fcaserio

I'm migrating an application PHP + SQL Server 2005 that is actually installed on servers (Linux + Win2003) to (Win2003 + Win2003). The database server is the same, only the PHP server is being replaced.

When I try to connect to MSSQL from the new Win2003 server I receive the following error message:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: 10.17.4.4 in C:\htdocs\teste.php on line 16

On the same PHP server I can connect to the MSSQL server 10.17.4.4 with the same credentials using SQL Server Management Studio.

Which means I can check that there is conectivity, but PHP doesnot connect.

I dont know if I'm missing some configuration detail. This are PHP configurations for MSSQL:

mssql

MSSQL Support enabled

Active Persistent Links 0

Active Links 0

Library version 7.0

Directive Local Value Master Value

mssql.allow_persistent On On

mssql.batchsize 0 0

mssql.compatability_mode Off Off

mssql.connect_timeout 5 5

mssql.datetimeconvert On On

mssql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited

mssql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited

mssql.max_procs Unlimited Unlimited

mssql.min_error_severity 10 10

mssql.min_message_severity 10 10

mssql.secure_connection On On

mssql.textlimit Server default Server default

mssql.textsize Server default Server default

mssql.timeout 60 60

tks for any help

Report this post

After copying ntwdblib.dll to C:\Windows\System32 the connection start to work, but now I'm receiving the following error:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: message: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. (severity 14) in C:\htdocs\teste.php on line 17

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: 10.17.4.4 in C:\htdocs\teste.php on line 17

The strange thing is: If I execute the same script on prompt, it works:

c:\Progra~1\php\php.exe c:\htdocs\teste.php

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue.

I was using SQL 2005 EXpress and the ntwdblin/dll I was using was too old.

Upgrading to alter one fixed the problem for me.

ALos syou shouldn't need ot put the dll in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32. I only have one and it's in c:\php.

The original version of the DDL (didn'towkr) that I was suing was 2000.2.8.0)

The one that works for me is version : 2000.80.194.0

I found the answer and a download link in a manual page comment on php.net, but I don't seem tobe able to find it now...

I imagine you'll be able to get a hold of the file by googling for it. I believe the new one is part of windows 2000 sP4.

This link will help http://dba.fyicenter.com/faq/sql_server_2/Finding_ntwdblib_dll_Version_2000_80_194_0.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.