Downloading Movies.

Trium918

No torrent tracker is inherently illegal. It depends on what you use it for. Hammers aren't illegal either just because I can smack you in the head with it.

Yes but it was safe to assume he wants to download mainstream movies, which are obviously not legally allowed to be shared over bittorrent.

Doesn't netflix have something where you can downoad instead of waiting?

My brother-in-law has netflix on his xbox360.  He can download and watch any movie on the list (I don't think there is much selection on the 360 though...)

As far as I know, there is no (legal) FREE download site.

Doesn't netflix have something where you can downoad instead of waiting?

My brother-in-law has netflix on his xbox360.  He can download and watch any movie on the list (I don't think there is much selection on the 360 though...)

As far as I know, there is no (legal) FREE download site.

The movie quality on Netflix isn't quite that great.  I guess it would be fine for most things, but if the OP wants crystal clear picture, Netflix is kinda bleh.  (I have a cheap Netflix package though, so maybe it's just the quality for me that is mediocre.)

Uh video doesn't have to be 'DVD quality' to burn it to a DVD.  But yeah, Netflix videos are definitely not typical DVD quality.  Also, I'm sure it majorly breaches Netflix's ToS to burn DVDs.  Then again, that's never stopped me before ;p.

i understand that but im saying to my knowledge the watch instantly thing is streaming  how can i save that in order to burn them??

as it is now i just burn the ones netflix mails me  :( i want the instant ones too

Uh video doesn't have to be 'DVD quality' to burn it to a DVD.  But yeah, Netflix videos are definitely not typical DVD quality.  Also, I'm sure it majorly breaches Netflix's ToS to burn DVDs.  Then again, that's never stopped me before ;p.

If you're going to break the law then you might as well do it "properly" and download DVD/HD quality movies using e.g. BitTorrent or Usenet.

Both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 allows you to download and watch DVD quality (as well as HD) content. I've never tried it as there isn't a great selection in the UK, but I hear the US get a lot more choice...

Not sure about the quality, but can't you download movies from iTunes store too?

If you're going to break the law then you might as well do it "properly" and download DVD/HD quality movies using e.g. BitTorrent or Usenet.

Hrmmm, just logged in to Netflix again, and apparently my connection was in use or something that day.  Didn't know their quality changed based on conn speed.

lol I'm not very picky.

i understand that but im saying to my knowledge the watch instantly thing is streaming  how can i save that in order to burn them??

as it is now i just burn the ones netflix mails me  :( i want the instant ones too

Well, if you want to get technical, everything can be intercepted, whether it be done with a packet sniffer, a browser add on, grabbing temporary files, making a request to the server with something besides a web browser, so on....

But, in a practical sense, I have no idea what kind of ninja-protection Netflix has around their movies (and I'm sure they atleast try something).

Wow, actually Netflix videos would be a bitch to save.  It's actually quite clever.  They have it request very small chunks at a time, and then when that buffer runs out, request another file.  It appears to be in wmv format, but the individual files do not play in Windows Media Player (perhaps the first one has a valid header, and the others are just appended.... I should check later.).  I would imagine the content is all there, just the headers are missing (extra overhead for headers, and it would be wasted bandwidth).

Damn....  Now I'm curious.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.