more than one form in a html page

thankqwerty

Hi there, i wanted to make something like the commenting system in youtube, i.e. the users can click "reply" to a specific comment and a comment form pops out. I know how to make the comment form appear and disappear using javascript, but i'm not sure with having so many forms in the same page.

my experience is that if u have 2 forms with elements that share the same name then the information would mess up, for example.

<--? Form 1  -->
<form action="comment.php" method="post"></br>
Title: <input type="text" name="title" size="50"/></br>
Comment: </br>
<TEXTAREA type="text" wrap="physical" NAME="content" COLS=150 ROWS=10></TEXTAREA>
</br>
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>

<--? Form 2  -->
<form action="comment.php" method="post"></br>
Title: <input type="text" name="title" size="50"/></br>
Comment: </br>
<TEXTAREA type="text" wrap="physical" NAME="content" COLS=150 ROWS=10></TEXTAREA>
</br>
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>

Since both forms have "title" and "content" and when i submit something using form1, it will turn out to be empty data. This problem goes away if i name the elements in the 2 forms differently, but then it'll require different action page as the $_POST values have different names, even though the structure of data is the same.

Is there anyway to get round this???

u know.. i not build form head like above!!

i just type without any action ^^

<form method="post">

or even i use action.. i will type

<form action="?act=enterMsg" method="post">

but in every last before submit i was place hidden value

<input type=hidden name=act value=enterMsg> if this form using GET not POST

anyway.. you problem is interesting..

i think.. this problem because you click wrong submit?

You can re-use element names in multiple forms on a page. The only elements that are sent are the ones inside the form tag that the submit button is included in.

i just type without any action ^^

You should add the action to your form tag. It's invalid code if you don't add it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.