How does that Karma Work?

Hi, just wondering how this whole karma thing is working at the moment.
I don't have any option to +/- anyone elses Karma, and so I'm not sure how Karma is changed.
My Karma is -1 but I don't really know why, is there a way to find out why I was - karmad and if I can +/- other people.

Cheers.

you can't grace/smite someone until after a certain amount of posts. i don't know what it is set at though. it was recently implemented. basically the idea is that if someone has been helpful, you click their grace. if they have been rude or non-helpful or whatever, you smite them.  as far as i know, there is no way to find out who graced or smited you and for what. As far as I know, not even the admin can see that. I run smf on my site and i haven't found any options for that..if thantos sees this thread he'd be able to say for sure, as he's part of the smf devteam, or something like that. 

I think it was me on [url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,100083.msg394686.html#msg394686]this[/url] post. The posted code does not require an inline source, and the user does not have to find and eval each php section when the string is concatenated between ?> and <?php. For example:

[code]<?php

$today = date("l");

$test = '
<b>Example:</b>
<hr/ >
<?php echo "These are colors:"; ?>
<br />
<?php
$colors = array("red", "green", "blue");
echo join("<br />", $colors);
?>
<hr />
Today is <?php echo $today; ?>.
';
echo eval('?>' . $test . '<?php');
?>[/code]

Let me know if I misunderstood something.

You can read my feelings about the karma system [url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,99076.0.html]here[/url].

That's another "problem" with karma--it's subjective. However, by your view of the karma system it was still justified.

1. Saying a solution doesn't work when it does is "unhelpful" in my opinion.
2. Saying code doesn't work when you could have ran tests is "ignorant" in my opinion.

I never said your solution was worse. Both of our solutions were equally valuable depending on how the user wants to implement their system.

i have no problem smiting someone if i feel they have made the problem a lot worse, even if they had good intentions.  maybe that makes me evil. oh well. 

i feel like i'm the only one on this entire board who wanted the karma system back and it was implemented just to shut me up.  if that's the case, then by all means, take it away. The karma system is not the end-all-be-all of my existence. I just thought it was more useful than other things around here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.