- October 2005 - initial discussion
- December 2005 - agreement/deposit paid
- March 2006 - initial design approved
- May 19, 2006 - design completed/initial programming complete/invoice sent
- June 19, 2006 - follow up on invoice/still no content provided
- July 1, 2006 - follow up on invoice/still no content provided
- Today (July 11, 2006) - informed that they're "holding off" for a bit
here's the long and the short of it: stupid me, i only charged a percentage up front (i've learned to get half up front on everything now), so my invoice they have represents about half the work i've done. i have since received an email saying my check would be sent out today (almost 60 days after invoice was received), but we'll see how that goes. i've done all the programming, etc for them, but i've never received any content, so i can do no more. i've got an additional set of hours i'm fixing to send them just to catch everything up to speed, but i don't expect to see payment on that for at least another month.
any suggestions on how to deal with clients like this? how do you pull payment on projects that they're unwilling to work on? sorry for the negativity, but i'm absolutely frustrated to no end with this project at this point, but at the same time, to cover my own reputation, i want to complete it professionally. any thoughts on how to word or deal with people like this?
any recommendations greatly appreciated.