redux

jcombs_31

This is a site I started about a year ago but got pushed back until recently.  I didn't like the one I started the first time so I put together a new draft.

Let me know what you think so far...

http://multimedia-technologies.com/clientsites/combscourtreporting/

I'm just slightly concerned about the color.  There needs to be some work in the content region, but overall I like it so far.

I like it :) Nice tonal colours that represent the 'legal' feel quite nicely. Very clean and non-cluttered, and easy to navigate.. (well, not right now, as I cannot navigate an image, but you get the idea).

The faded stenograph at the bottom is a nice touch ;)

I say go with it!

Very nice, I like it a lot! In all honesty can't see anything I'd want to change... Out of curiosity though, where do you get your images from? Like the nice lady in the contact section, or the judge hammer thing? I'm not particularly good at designing but never have images like that to work from, which would really, really help...

But yeah back to your design, perfect...

Adam

The faded stenograph at the bottom seems off to me  i like the site but i need to scroll down to see it and nothing else doesnt fit on my page so it seems odd

might just be me tho

i am running 1680 by 1050  so i doubt im in the majority of the user base when it comes to browser size

That is because the whole thing is just an image right now. It will be fixed the the bottom of the page and ultimately float up a little, but for the purpose of the mockup, I wanted it all in view the way it is. I hope that makes sense.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Very nice, I like it a lot! In all honesty can't see anything I'd want to change... Out of curiosity though, where do you get your images from? Like the nice lady in the contact section, or the judge hammer thing? I'm not particularly good at designing but never have images like that to work from, which would really, really help...

But yeah back to your design, perfect...

Adam

The images I get from stock photography sites. Some I get from sxc.hu, but the better ones you usually have to pay for.  I usually $1-$2 for relatively low res pictures. I usually just use stockexpert.

The images I get from stock photography sites. Some I get from sxc.hu, but the better ones you usually have to pay for.  I usually $1-$2 for relatively low res pictures. I usually just use stockexpert.

Gotchya thanks!

Very impressive ... very professional.

I think it looks great as is and that you may be too close to it and can citicize till the cows come home.

Don't overthink.

A trick I use when I think something is missing is I change the text area contrasts around.

Try using a "sheet of paper" look by having the main text in black, font "times new roman, times, serif", background white - even put a faux column backgroud drop-shadow effect to make the paper look raised (tricky to do, but extremely effective:

"What is Combs Court Reporting?

Combs Court Reporting is a full-service court reporting agency with offices in Macon and Milledgeville, Georgia. We are dedicated ..."

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.