Leeds web design studio

texelate

I have just re-designed my site again. The last version was only last year but I was never that keen on it. In this new version I’m posing as a freelancer and I’ve added a WordPress blog.

Graphics done in Photoshop, hand coded valid XHTML / CSS in TextWrangler. Back-end in PHP, MySQL.

www.texelate.co.uk

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

I concur.. very nicely done, Tim! A decade of experience sure speaks for itself I can see ;)

I think the only thing I find awkward is the contact page.. below your NOT checklist, you have your contact information and text fields all in this narrow column, with plenty of space to spare.. I think I would perhaps spread this info out horizontally, and extend the message text field to equate the length of that above the checkmark list.. otherwise, you have plenty of unused whitespace which in turn requires a dose of vertical scrolling as a result.

Very nice site though. Kudos.

Looks pretty nice.  I'd consider maybe increasing the size of the radial gradient in the header section. Looks too concentrated almost like a circle in the middle, needs to be a little more subtle I think. The menu seems a little cluttered and has no rollover effects.  Its the little things that count in my opinion.  The quote and contact forms are redundant.  If the quote request doesn't feature any special fields then just send them to the contact form, which I think should be replaced by the quote form but probably with the text left aligned. I'm not sure that you should have all of the blog information available throughout the site, it makes it seem too personal where I feel it should be more business focused, I'm not a fan of mixing the two as it seems to take away from the professional aspect. Again, just my opinion.

Overall, I think it looks pretty good, just needs some fine tuning.

Very nice. Looks very clean and professional. I do have a suggestion though, not only for this site but all your other sites. If I disable Javascript I can't view the portfolio. Hope that has got your brain thinking. I love your work! Keep it up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.