Checking a text area for...

AncientSage

Hello,

Currently, I'd like to check a text area to see if there are any links, if so, check the href attribute for certain characters, and quit the script if they have those certain characters...

I'm guessing it would involve searching for "href" and all text assigned to href would then be checked by some php function, however, I don't know which functions would be used for any of this, if someone could list the functions needed, I'll do the research on them.

Thanks.

Well, actualy...

I want php to find links if there are any, then find what is assigned to the href attribute, that being, the URL. For example, let's say someone enters the following HTML into a text-area...

{a href=http://www.phpfreaks.com/}Click Here{/a} (apparently, this forum allows HTML, so...replace { & } with the greater/lesser than symbols when reading)
I'd want php to find what is assigned to href, then for example, if it contains the characters php, then I'd want script to end and return an error.

Take a look at explode function, then take a look at preg_match...

Explode on the ' ' character.. then use preg_match as you skip through the array using a foreach loop.

I can help you further, but take a look at php.net for some help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.