URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

jordanwb

When I try to update the currencies on my osCommerce install I get the following error:

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php on line 14

Warning: file(http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxdaily?value=1&redirected=1&exch=CAD&format=CSV&dest=Get+Table&sel_list=CND) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php on line 14

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php on line 18

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php on line 28

Warning: file(http://www.xe.net/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=1&From=CND&To=CAD) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php on line 28

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/localization.php:14) in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

I'm running php 5.2.8-r2 on Gentoo Linux with Apache 2.2.10

Seems you may need to enable allow_url_fopen in your php.ini. It would also however seem to be quite the ridiculous dependency on osCommerce's behalf.

It's used for updating currencies. I'm getting other php errors too. I hope that's not a display of the application's quality.

I'm no longer getting that error but it seems that "CAD" is not a valid currency code for the Canadian Dollar:

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Canadian Dollar (CAD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for Canadian Dollar (CAD) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

What other types of errors are you getting?

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/customers.php on line 733

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/customers.php on line 735

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

when I go to /admin/customers.php?selected_box=customers

I'll look at ZenCart

Yikes, there's a lot of osCommerce hate there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.