Please help running a site locally

savantcreative

I have a site that was developed for me in php that I have pulled down to my windows machine.  I have WAMP installed and am able to run a Drupal site that I pulled down.  I am not able to run this other site locally.  Can someone tell me how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

The site does not display correctly.  The css file and includes are not being sent to the home page when viewed.

But it does display...?  Double check your paths, that seems to be the problem.

Ib theory, shouldn't I be able to drag the contents of the www folder from the site into the www folder of WAMP and all of the paths will remian the same?  The site running fine on the server.

Thanks-

Well it's obviously the environment.  Do you have paths that are now pointing in the wrong directory?  Do you have DB connections that need to be changed?

Do what revraz suggested and turn on error reporting:

ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Ib theory, shouldn't I be able to drag the contents of the www folder from the site into the www folder of WAMP and all of the paths will remian the same?  The site running fine on the server.

Thanks-

Well it's obviously the environment.  Do you have paths that are now pointing in the wrong directory?  Do you have DB connections that need to be changed?

Do what revraz suggested and turn on error reporting:

I am pretty new to all this.  How do I do that?  How can I learn about this?

Thank you-

ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.