Suggestion

I know there is a sister site to this, ajaxfreaks.com, but that site is not as active as this one.
So, since we already have Javascript/HTML/CSS forums, why not add Ajax to php freaks too? Perhaps blend it with the Javascript forums, so it's Javascript/Ajax, CSS, HTML.

If we had meant to work that into this site, we would have.  I think the idea is that as AJAX grows as a technology, more people will find the need for a website like ajaxfreaks.com.  What if phpfreaks had started out on an HTML site as a sub-board??

i'll agree with ober and steelman, but man i have to tell you that as of right now, ajaxfreaks.com sucks.  I posted there and the last time i checked, about a day before the site went down, nobody had responded to my post...or to [i]any other[/i] posts there, for that matter... and i had posted about a week prior.  That place is DEAD. 

To be honest though, I don't think that ajaxfreaks is going to really get all that big.  AJAX might get more and more popular, but AJAX in and of itself is not all that indepth.  Now, I bet there are lots of new and neato things people are gonna come up with, as far as making different types of forms, pages, backend stuff, etc.. but that's all JS or PHP, not the AJAX part.  I think there are just gonna end up being a lot of questions that have nothing to do with the actual AJAX part...

so i guess overall i'd have to agree with play_ in that maybe ajax should be included on phpfreaks.com and if it [i]does[/i] grow into the monster you guys believe it will become, then move it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.