big help needed-possibly someone to write some php code.

Pudgemeister

im trying to make a "ten newest videos" page on my site that looks at my videos folder and detects which videos are the newest to have arrived in the folder and then display the links or wahetever on the "ten newest videos" page.

i have looked over different sites but being a noob to all this i dont have a clue.

I don't suppose someone can possibly help or even write a script for me?

i would then b able to learn from it hoefully and help myself more in the future.

thanx

Pudgemeister

If you want someone to write this for you, let me or another mod know and your post will be moved to our freelancing forum. If you want to give it a go yourself, you could look up the following functions in the manual:

glob() - To get the conents of a directory, loop through the output with a foreach() loop.
filemtime() - To get the time/date that the file was last modified on.

You can chuck all of the returned data into an array, sort it by the date/time and only use the first 10 keys.

yeh hi again all-sorry it took me a while to reply-i have alot on.

ummm yes the freelancing forum would be good-i will post in there.

i do have a database.

and those functions u sent to me are helpful thank you-but i am too much of a noob to work out how to fully use them :S

thanx all

Pudgemeister

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.