[SOLVED] DESIGN critique www.dnbstep.cz

crashmaster

wow that blew my mind i was think ok here comes another depressingly bad layout out of the critique side of this forum then BOOM its so clean and nice looking.

now i didnt test any Exploits on it but ill post back once i do(promise i will not break anything if i find 1)

i would give you 9/10 

oh PS. looks good in opera and view correct on 1680*1050 screen

wow that blew my mind i was think ok here comes another depressingly bad layout out of the critique side of this forum then BOOM its so clean and nice looking.

now i didnt test any Exploits on it but ill post back once i do(promise i will not break anything if i find 1)

i would give you 9/10 

oh PS. looks good in opera and view correct on 1680*1050 screen

I tried to write secure code - you can try whatever you want ))

So I will translate some Links:

Domu - Home

Videa - Videos

Navody - Tutorials

Fotky - Fotos

Souteze, Srazy - isn't ready yet

Forum - Forum

I will register test account for you (if you want to try some functions..).

username: test

password: test

But I think your exploits won't work )) Almost complete XSS and SQL Injection protection )) But you can try to HACK it :D ))

Future plant: EN, RU - localizations

do you know any WEB-tool, where I can check total web size to load ??

If you have Firefox installed, you can get yslow, (but you will need to have firebug installed first, as yslow is an extension of firebug).

So on that note, I fired up Firefox, and pushed your site through yslow.. Things to consider..

• Consider obfuscating or minifying your scripts (just Google those terms, you'll find plenty of tools that handle those). This will help reduce script sizes.
  • If possible, try to put as many scripts at the bottom of the page, as scripts being downloaded halts the progress of everything else.. having these at the bottom of your page (if possible that is), helps the page visuals load first, then the scripts afterwards.
  • Depending on your server's configuration, perhaps try gzipping some stuf.. by example, I noticed that your index.php is not gzipped...try adding the following line to the top of your page:
    if (substr_count($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'], 'gzip')) ob_start("ob_gzhandler"); else ob_start();

If supported, your server will send over a gzipped version, which reduces bandwidth.

• Checking your total homepage download info, you have 19 HTTP Requests (very nice!.. lower is better), but a total of 221.1k. The breakdown is as such:

12.9K 1 HTML/Text
    65.5K 4 JavaScript Files
    4.5K 4 Stylesheet Files
    8.9K 3 CSS Images
    129.2K 7 Images
    ----------------------------
    221.1K Total size
    19 HTTP requests

As you can see, your scripts and images add some weight..optimizing both will help things move along faster. When I passed your homepage through smush.it!, I noticed a possible savings of approx. 13% on images...

So overall, I do like the site. Clean and nice..but there are optimizations that can be had for sure.

do you know any WEB-tool, where I can check total web size to load ??

If you have Firefox installed, you can get yslow, (but you will need to have firebug installed first, as yslow is an extension of firebug).

So on that note, I fired up Firefox, and pushed your site through yslow.. Things to consider..

• Consider obfuscating or minifying your scripts (just Google those terms, you'll find plenty of tools that handle those). This will help reduce script sizes.
  • If possible, try to put as many scripts at the bottom of the page, as scripts being downloaded halts the progress of everything else.. having these at the bottom of your page (if possible that is), helps the page visuals load first, then the scripts afterwards.
  • Depending on your server's configuration, perhaps try gzipping some stuf.. by example, I noticed that your index.php is not gzipped...try adding the following line to the top of your page:
    if (substr_count($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'], 'gzip')) ob_start("ob_gzhandler"); else ob_start();

If supported, your server will send over a gzipped version, which reduces bandwidth.

• Checking your total homepage download info, you have 19 HTTP Requests (very nice!.. lower is better), but a total of 221.1k. The breakdown is as such:

12.9K 1 HTML/Text
    65.5K 4 JavaScript Files
    4.5K 4 Stylesheet Files
    8.9K 3 CSS Images
    129.2K 7 Images
    ----------------------------
    221.1K Total size
    19 HTTP requests

As you can see, your scripts and images add some weight..optimizing both will help things move along faster. When I passed your homepage through smush.it!, I noticed a possible savings of approx. 13% on images...

So overall, I do like the site. Clean and nice..but there are optimizations that can be had for sure.

Very nice review! THanks a lot, now I will use FIreBug =)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.