Which application Framework is used the most in commercial apps? Newbie

DotNetTim

Hello. I'm new completely to PHP / MySQL, but have been working with the web for several years especially with Classic ASP, IIS, ASP.Net, HTML, CSS, etc,, etc,.. However, I've been wanting to work with PHP for awhile and get away from my addiction to MS.. hehe.. Actually, I want to learn because some clients can't afford the software such as IIS and Windows Server, SQL server, etc, and I want to be able to do some affordable sites for churches, etc. So, PHP seems to be the answer. I have some dumb questions though..

First, what is the most used Framework for a contractor working from home typically or is there such a thing? If not typical, what is the most widely used Framwork if someone doesn't mind me asking?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Here's a list of frameworks frameworks.

Although I don't use frameworks often, the only framework I've really ever dealt with is the Zend framework, which is perfectly suitable to use working from home (I think most of them are are).  It's a very popular and has nice documentation and community support.  I have not had any major issues with it so far.  Someone else may be able to give you a little more insight.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.