What editor to use

Hi, I'm very, very new to PHP. Have only written a "Hello World" type app on my own machine which I just installed WAMP. So, I have the latest version of PHP, SQL lite, etc. But, I also have a hosting company and I need to be able to use an editor that will allow me to not only upload / FTP my scripts, but hopefully debug locally and via FTP / at the host, and work with mySQL which is also provided. I need to be able to develop the DB Design on my local machine as well as the PHP scripts, upload and then run on the hosting machine. Can someone tell me what editor is good for this? What about Netbeans from Sun with the PHP IDE built in? It however says I need to download something called "Xdebug" or something and I tried but couldn't get that installed. I don't remember the error, but before I continue, I want to make sure there's not a better editor that will work with my tools in Wamp? What about Exclipse? What's the most prevelent editor? I also have Microsoft Dot Net tools / express tools since I know Classic ASP backwards and Forwards and Dot Net and I thought there was a download to allow me to develop PHP in my ASP.Net Express IDE? Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Where do I post to ask about using Ajax with PHP? What about classes and the special functions, and I also have questions about how PHP works on the server? I mean does it use CGI / Seperate compiled programs for each request, or something like ISAPI or ? It seems it's using a DLL? Does that mean the scripts get compiled like Dot Net before they are streamed / served to the browser?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for all the questions, but wasn't sure where to post the rest of the questions. If this is a no no, I apologize in advance.

Regards and thank you

Tim

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.