php function button

i was just thinking i don't know much about SMF board but what about a button that opens up a javascript alert you input a php function name it it outputs [ url=php.net/function_name] function_name() [/url]

that way i think more people would use that in the post and people might actually lookup the docs on a function they know extra args and get other examples.

it could help people asking stupid questions that the answers are right in from of them on the php manual

what do you guys think?

Scott.

I forgot about [ m]...[ /m] thanks for the reminder, PFMaBiSmAd! Here I am always cutting and pasting from the url I hunted down over at the manual.. geesh...

Wow...even without the m tags you were putting too much work into it.  You can just type

http://www.php.net/functionnamehere

and php.net will automatically take you to the page of the function.  That is actually exactly what the m tag does.  It just takes for example this:

[m]echo[/m]

and turns it into this:

<a href='http://www.php.net/echo'>echo()</a>

I don't follow where I'm putting in too much work...oh I see..instead of going to the manual, hunting down the link and posting that (and not using the m tags), you mean I could have simply typed in the url you supplied + funciton name. Gotcha.. yeah.. Me and forum shortcuts.....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.