IB / SMF

The reason why we converted from IPB to SMF is becuase our main Admin, phpfreak, was getting fed up with having to patch the board becuase of new vunerabilities kept popping up. Also people were trying to [i]hack[/i] us too. All freaks sites went down for a day or two, whilst we were being converted to SMF.

Hi,

Im keen to know what vunerabilities their are on InvisionBoards as my main site is currently running this and I was unaware of the issues you were experiencing. I want to obvisouly protect my site so what was going on? If you prefer to email/pm me that fine as I understand you may not want to disclose these vunerabilities on a forum for everyone to hack at.

There any vunerabilities/issues with SMF? Is it easy to apply mods etc?

Thanks

SMF is pretty solid.  IPB may be more hackable because it's a more widely used system and people attempt to hack it more often.  Mods are super easy to apply in SMF.

I will let phpfreak email you with the vulnerabilities if he wants to.  He's the one that dealt with the actual issues involving the hacking. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.