Processing Credit Card Details...

somo

Hi All,

I am going to create a script that will process and store (in mysql) credit/debit card details; i would like to know people's opinions in which are the best ways to code to process and store these details since this data is sensative?

Cheers, Somo.

Obviously use SSL for the processing on the client side.  As far as i know, theres really nothing else you can do on that side.  You could look at some basic javascript encryption but thats easily hackable.  As far as storing goes, make sure your database is protected and preferably firewalled so only your webserver can access it.  If you want to go further than that, there are some Crypto libraries that use reversible encryption (i think their extensions tho, not in base php).  Hope this helps, and someone please correct me if there are more client side steps one can take.

-- Brady

i would suggest never EVER storing credit card or debit card information in a database unless you physically own and look after the server, and it is heavily protected.  saving it anywhere on a shared server, VPS, or dedicated server that you aren't in control of directly is just asking for trouble.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.