small problem making a loop

Wasda

hello, im hoping someone could help me with this little problem to me it is hard. let me first explain what my situation is.. i have a table=music, and 4 columns=singerID,url,dir,file... singerID stores identical numbers to each singer. url contains the actual http://www.mysite.com/ and dir is the name of the singer, Tom for example, and the file is mysong.mp3..mysong2.mp3..etc.....but..for singerID i have multiple of the same number, example 5. So every row of 5 have a different mp3 filename. I want to be able to make a loop and returns with a url link with each of the filename. take the top for example.. <a href=url/dir/file>file</a> so it will return each with <a href=http://www.mysite.com/Tom/mysong1,2,3,4..etc.mp3>Mysong..mp3</a>

i hope i explained it clear enough... below is my codes.. any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you in advanced..

$result = mysql_query( \"select url, dir, file from $table where singerid=5\");

while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {

for($i=0; $i < mysql_num_fields($result); $i++) {

echo \"$row[$i]\";

}

}

I\'ll give it a shot, mind you I\'m a beginner still.

[php:1:c5b8530f50]<?php

$result = mysql_query(\"SELECT url,dir,file FROM music WHERE singerid=5\");

while($singer=mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo \'<a href=\'.$singer.\'/\'.$singer[dir].\'/\'.$singer[file].\'>\'.$singer[file].\'</a>\';

}

?>[/php:1:c5b8530f50]

I think this should work, if not, best of luck finding it out.

Deadmeat, thanks for the help, your codes actually worked, but turn out to be another problem with the DIR.. . .in my table.. the column DIR was created with varchar(255).. now i dont know if that causes the problem.. them problem is that, i have for example Michael Foxer for DIR, result show only the first part of the name, it only show Michael. any idea ?

when posting the dir for a link, use ereg_replace(\" \", %20, $dir)

[php:1:bfc4aa609f]<?php

$result = mysql_query(\"SELECT url,dir,file FROM music WHERE singerid=5\");

while($singer=mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo \'<a href=\'.$singer.\'/\'.ereg_replace(\" \", %20, $singer[dir].\'/\'.$singer[file].\'>\'.$singer[file].\'</a>\';

}

?>[/php:1:bfc4aa609f]

What this does is replace all \" \" spaces with \"%20 in the given variable. %20 is the HTML code for space.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.