Find me a framework

Willburt

Hi everyone,

I'm back to using PHP in a professional capacity after a long time away. PHP's come a long way since PHP3 and I've kept with it by doing freelance projects in PHP.

Since I left pro PHP I've been working almost exclusively with C#.NET and Java so I've had the luxury of working with some excellent frameworks (.NET and Struts etc.)

So I'm back to PHP and looking for a good framework to adopt, I've been looking at the Zend framework and CakePHP, I've also had a skim over a couple of others too.

I'll be using the framework to help build pretty common features in web apps (forms, user registration, password recovery, ajax, form validation (client & serverside) etc.) and I'm hoping that people who've kept up to date with PHP might have some good recommendations for me?

Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Cheers.

sandwich.png

Sorry, but your topic's title was asking for it :P

Oh thanks for the help. I joined this forum when it started and I'm beginning to remember why I left quit posting.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of frameworks and was just after some advice.

Thanks for the trolling and warm reception. I'll figure it out on my own and stay away from the PHP community.

Cheers.

The topic title is quite demanding... but the grammar in your post is good.  Im honestly at the point where Im ready to build my own frame work. I've tried a lot havent used any-one enough to know inside out. If I were to choose one, I think the one that most jelled for me was http://codeigniter.com/ . Good documentation along with an active community

sandwich.png

Sorry, but your topic's title was asking for it :P

Oh thanks for the help. I joined this forum when it started and I'm beginning to remember why I left quit posting.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of frameworks and was just after some advice.

Thanks for the trolling and warm reception. I'll figure it out on my own and stay away from the PHP community.

Cheers.

Lol you did deserve it though...

Wilburt,

I wrote a summary of what I consider the top 3 PHP based frameworks by popularity:  http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,239122.msg1114857.html#msg1114857

From the way you've described your needs, my gut instinct is that you will find the Zend framework to be the easiest to get into, and the most like a library that you can pick and choose from.  It does have a full MVC, and all the components you're used to using, only in the PHP style.  You also might take a look at using phpEclipse, which is a nice free PHP Ide built on top of eclipse.  If you already know eclipse to a degree, you can hit the ground running with that. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm back to using PHP in a professional capacity after a long time away. PHP's come a long way since PHP3 and I've kept with it by doing freelance projects in PHP.

Since I left pro PHP I've been working almost exclusively with C#.NET and Java so I've had the luxury of working with some excellent frameworks (.NET and Struts etc.)

So I'm back to PHP and looking for a good framework to adopt, I've been looking at the Zend framework and CakePHP, I've also had a skim over a couple of others too.

I'll be using the framework to help build pretty common features in web apps (forms, user registration, password recovery, ajax, form validation (client & serverside) etc.) and I'm hoping that people who've kept up to date with PHP might have some good recommendations for me?

Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Cheers.

Becouse your background is NET, you can start with PRADO Framework (NET-PHP collaboration). But if you looking for hight performance framework and pure PHP, you can try Yiiframework.

Date Registered: February 16, 2009, 10:51:50 AM

Last Active: February 16, 2009, 11:22:14 AM

I guess the OP ran off when he was told we aren't his google-bitch.  (Well, really he had a decent question, just horribly worded.)

lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.