[SOLVED] PHP Call function with href

Halisco

Im trying to use href to call a function.  THe application works when i use the link but it is also calling he function when i load the page with a list of these links. How can i fix this?

Here is my script:

<?	echo "<a href=\"" . FunctionOne($ID) . "\">Call Function One</a>"; ?>

This is javascript not php bro ...

Thanks for stating what i am doing wrong but not offering any input as a solution. 

come on now, let's not get nasty. We are all here volunteering help!

If he doesnt know how to help me then dont bother posting a reply.  And if he does know how to help and does not "volunteer" the info then dont bother replying then either.  Ive been googling this for a while with no success and now with frustration with a reply from and A****le like him.  So please if you dont have a positive or helpfull reply then don't bother.  Forums are about helping not ridiculing people.

Bro your aking for help on a javascript question in a PHP board ... What's your problem? I am a PHP developper not a JavaScript freak. I don't care how much big your fraustration is over the prob you have, thats not excusing the fact that you're still not in the good place for help.

Here take my hand and let me bring you in the good part of the board ...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/board,6.0.html

this guy is incredible :P

Bro your aking for help on a javascript question in a PHP board ... What's your problem? I am a PHP developper not a JavaScript freak. I don't care how much big your fraustration is over the prob you have, thats not excusing the fact that you're still not in the good place for help.

Here take my hand and let me bring you in the good part of the board ...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/board,6.0.html

this guy is incredible :P

So your telling me there is no way to call a PHP function from within href without using javascript? If that is the case that should have been your original reply.  Simply telling someone "thats javascript bro not PHP" is not a clear answer.

I think you should learn some Forum etiquette.  You may learn this one day when you ask a question about somthing that is not your Forte and someone wastes your time with snarky remarks.  If you dont learn any furhter etiquette please do not reply to any of my future posts.  It would be much appreciated.

PS> thanks for possibly leading me in the right direction....

Ok ladies, a work around would be this:

<?php
echo '<a href="'.$_SERVER[php_SELF].'?function=1">Click here to call a function</a>';

if(isset($_GET['function']))
{
foo();
}
?>

I don't know about calling a function directly on click. You could try

echo '<a href="#" onclick="'.foo().'">Function</a> but I don't know if it'll work.

Hope that helps.

Ok ladies, a work around would be this:

<?php
echo '<a href="'.$_SERVER[php_SELF].'?function=1">Click here to call a function</a>';

if(isset($_GET['function']))
{
foo();
}
?>

I don't know about calling a function directly on click. You could try

echo '<a href="#" onclick="'.foo().'">Function</a> but I don't know if it'll work.

Hope that helps.

No that would be a JavaScript syntaxes. PHP is parsed before HTML. When the page is loaded the PHP is static and can't do stuff dynamically unless you use AJAX

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.