Final WebDev - Review please.

fellixombc

Hi, I only made it to the front page but I do have this feedback. You have an ad with the text

Register... It’s FREE! Register to webdevshare.com and you won't regret it! We have forums that is constantly active. You will also be allowed to most download

you made want to correct the grammar...

Register to webdevshare.com and you won't regret it! We have forums that are constantly active. You will also have access to most downloads.

Hi, I only made it to the front page but I do have this feedback. You have an ad with the text

Register... It’s FREE! Register to webdevshare.com and you won't regret it! We have forums that is constantly active. You will also be allowed to most download

you made want to correct the grammar...

Register to webdevshare.com and you won't regret it! We have forums that are constantly active. You will also have access to most downloads.

"you MAY want to correct your grammer... :P

I just typed that up real fast.

-The page background is the lightest color on the site, while the content is on a darker color. This is backwards design philosophy, you want the content to be on the lightest (focal part) of the site, not be overwhelmed by this bright white background.

-Logo is very, very, very generic.

-Navigation bar is very large, and the current gradient appears very outdated. The unequal spacing between text creates a very odd appearance, try applying a standard size padding to all the links and aligning the text center.

-There is a second, exactly the same navigation sidebar. There's a ton of empty, unused space in this sidebar, and more importantly, why repeat the same links? Put something new in the sidebar, or get rid of the horizontal menu (I'd go with put something new in the sidebar, and make it smaller).

-The biggest image on the page asks people for money. Not really a welcoming sight to be honest.

-Make the (blog?) title bigger, make the "posted by" smaller, and move it underneath the main title. I care about the content of the post much more than who posted it.

-Move the speech bubble image for the post to the left side of the title.

-Make the post text slightly larger, and not bold. Right now it just feels squished.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.