How to compare to variables from a select statement?

PatPHP

I have two select statements and I want to give back the record if awardsequal = tptotal. How can I do that?

The first sql which I wrote here doesn't work. It is just an example how I would like to have everything together. I hope you can understand.

SELECT * 
FROM training t
JOIN member m ON m.id =  '480'
WHERE t.id =  '30'
AND ( EXISTS (@awardsequal= @tptotal)))

SELECT COUNT(*) AS awardsequal
FROM member_award ma
JOIN training_prerequisite tp
ON ma.awardid = tp.AwardID 
WHERE ma.memberid = 480 AND tp.trainingid = 31 AND tp.GroupNum=0

SELECT COUNT(*) AS tptotal 
FROM training_prerequisite tp 
WHERE tp.trainingid = 31 AND tp.GroupNum=0

At the moment I run all the statements separate and do the comparing in php. Works great so far but I'm sure it would not be the best solution. I just don't know enough about mysql yet. Anyway I try to explain in more detail what I try to achieve here and I hope I still will get a better solution.

A member has a certain awards and if he want's to attend a training he needs to meet this awards. Here a simplified example:

To be able to sign up for the training you need to have this awards:

Swimming

Dancing

Singing

User has:

Swimming

Dancing

Surfing

So the user would not be able to sign up because all his awards don't meet the training requirements. So my question is how can I make this comparison? If you look at my sql statement above it would work if this way would exist in mysql. I just want the mysql give a string in return when the user is able to sign up.

I know it's a little bit complicated to explain over the web.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.