[SOLVED] SVN Administration

ionik

Well Hello!

I'm the linux administrator over at my job here.........and I have setup a repository for a very large project we are working on.

I have everything working just perfect using svnserve, added all proper authentication we need in place and created everything the way I need it done.

The directory structure I have setup is fairly straight foward

/REPO_LOCATION

/mehype -- Contains Main REPO for checkouts

/branches

/stable

/version# -- Contains latest stable build

/dev

/revision# -- Contains our nightly builds

/trunk

/version

/version# -- Contains outdated Stable builds

The repository is setup to get all files from /****/****/****/development/

Now from what i understand shouldn't the repository update the ^ development directory files once anyone sends svn commit, and commit any files changes they have made?

Or is there something I must do to update the live working copy?

You need to create a post-commit hook for the repo. It can be written in any language though. It just needs to have the executable bit enabled in the file system permissions (+x). It can be as simple as this:

#!/bin/bash

svn up /path/to/local/copy

You need to ensure that the user your Subversion server is running as has write permissions to the folder where the local working copy is installed at though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.