[SOLVED] MySQL query displaying 1 row less in Php page

fj1200

Odd thing happening here.  I have a couple of production reports that have got problems with a MySQL query.  I run the qry in Query browser - great, all data shows.  I run it on a report on a PHP page and I get the first row missing.  It started when I began to use <div>'s and css a few months ago but haven't had the time to revisit it, but I've been asked to do some more reports based on it - they like the look and feel of them - so I need to fix it.  Anyone else seen this?  I'm doing the queries EXACTLY as I would in a table, just substituting the table for div's.  I could rebuild it with a static page but I like how it looks and want to crack this issue.  Is it a css issue?  I have lots of static reports pages but really want to move to a more dynamic system.  I've started using PEAR as well although not here.

It's not a browser thing - same in IE, FF, Chrom etc.

You would need to post your code to be sure, but I will guess you have a mysql_fetch_xxxxxx() statement right after your mysql_query() statement that is fetching the first row from the result set but you don't use it, then you have a while() loop that contains a mysql_fetch_xxxxxx() statement to retrieve the rest of the rows. If so, why do you have that loan initial mysql_fetch_xxxxxx() statement, that is not doing anything except to discard the first row, in your code???

Yup - that's got it.  I was using a &GET[] to populate the report title row but only using one element  of it then using a query to retrieve the rest - I now see the error of my ways (hangs head in shame) and use the $GET[] to provide the report title and header info (job id, name, date etc) and a MySQL query to get the detail.

Many thanks - I was staring at it for a couple of hours yesterday.  What a dipstick!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.