Please help new PHP user

Jman

Ok well this might be alot to ask but im new at PHP and hae been trying to do the tutorials, but I'm lost to say the least.

heres the issue... I play a game called lineage2. a friend of mine has started his own server for the game and we have a webpage http://www.l2project.net/ . We want the page changed to look more like the forums with the rounded borders and grey/white with blue. I opted to try to change this but had no clue what I was getting into. moneys tight for us and just want something basic and easy to navigate.

the question is can anyone help me with PHP and how to get this started I am a very fast learner but im lost I guess on where to start this project.
I would be extremely gratefull if someone could respond to this and offer to help. If any further questions please respond and ask.

Thank you to all in advance who have read this and more so to those who are willing to help me.

feel free to reach me on my messengers:

yahoo messenger- j.m_a_n
MSN messenger - j_man_jam@hotmail.com

again thanks.

If you're just trying to change the appearance of your site, you'd just use CSS or HTML...but if you are trying to actually create a forum then you due. There are LOADS of free forum systems out there and tutorials for creating your own. I know http://www.daydreamgraphics.com has a tutorial in the PHP forum for creating a simple board. Then we could help you add some small features. If you want a large scale project done, you'll want to check the Freelance board.

Oh, and your site has music that comes up. You shouldn't do that. It interrupted "Bruised" by Jack's Mannequin, which is unacceptable. ;)

My advice would be to tell your friend to change website scripts.

check out www.e107.org for the core, and www.e107styles.org along with www.e107themes.org for skins/themes/styles.

This software has a forum integrated into the core(as a plugin, so you can uninstall if you'd like), and many many other very useful plugins.

If you are looking to port that site over to e107, let me know. Members, and posts(for the forum) will be reset, but you can setup the structure of the forum however you'd like.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.