single page business overview

emehrkay

www.farosuccess.com

im keeping it real simple & clean, i might even add a few pics in there. its a single page, i dont want it to have too much to load though. it validates, i just have a hanging <br /> in there somewhere (ill find it).

i used moo.fx for the animations and i used their prototype.lite package to do the ajax.

im working on the javascript to highlight the active tab and im working on the form to show a timer when the user presses submit.

what else can i do style/usage wise? thanks

Other than as a technology exercise, I don't see any benefit to using ajax for that.  All that the javascript accomplishes is to prevent users with js disabled from using the site. Even if that's only 5% of your visitors ... it's still a lost opportunity.  If 'usage' is one of your goals, improve the usability and dump the javascript.

That aside, and a few typos that I'm sure you'll fix, there's not much to say other than that you're right that a few well-chosen images would improve its appeal.

I like the site. Very crisp and clean. I really like the ajax animations too. Maybe when you get done with this version you can make just a standard html - no ajax version so that those 5% of people can view your page.

Looks good.

-Chris

thanks for the replies.

andy i used ajax for the form to keep it as a single page site. the site is built using php includes so it shouldnt be difficult to create a typical site with different pages for each section. i just have to make sure that the ajax degrades to a regular form submission if js isnt present.

i just figured out the tabs. im thinkin about stying the active tab as a gel/glass lookin one, just to make it stand out. i think its currently 4kb and a gif, i dont want to degrade the image but ill try

Another reason not to make your entire site AJAX oriented is SEO. How does a search engine follow your links? It won't, they don't spider JS links. I think AJAX has it's place but not to maintain a single page web site.

Also what market are you going after? Professionals? I only ask because I think this type of thing would be good for a tech site but for me if I were going to your site for professionalism I may turn away.

I think your overall design is nice and simple. Very easy to use. I would just watch using AJAX for your entire site. Also how would I bookmark a page?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.