Crontab and PHP script

All4172

I'm able to run the file fine through the browser, but it doesn't seem to be able to be executed by the crontab.  I end up getting:

/home/path/public_html/list.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/home/path/public_html/list.php: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/home/path/public_htmllist.php: line 3: `if ($handle = opendir('/home/empirer1/public_html/marketwire')) {'

I've double and triple checked the path (copied the path out of the file in fact).  Any ideas?

i had this problem too.  it's running from the shell (if i remember the problem correctly), so you need to add a line to tell it to use php to parse the file.  the line i used was:

[code]#!/usr/bin/php -q[/code]

add that to the top of the file and give it a whirl.  the path might need to be changed.

Any idea how to make it works with something like script.cgi?login=1&un=2........

I found this php script but the cron tab returns a "This program can only be run through a web server." when it runs.  Although when running it through a browser it works.

[code]
#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?PHP
    putenv('QUERY_STRING=login=1&id=100&pw=admin100');
    passthru("/home/path/public_html/cgi-bin/exec/admin.cgi");
?>
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.