phpMyAdmin - permissions, request entity, everything else...

chaosmuse

okay, i\'m using phpMyAdmin if you hadn\'t guessed from the subject. i\'m working with a UNIX-based host with horrible service. there are a few things going on here, but i can\'t really tell what to do. i\'ve had a few people tell me to reinstall, but i don\'t know how.

1)

the host seems to think that i\'ve got fine permissions. first off, i try to change part of a table and get this error:

Error

SQL-query :  

ALTER TABLE `phpguest` CHANGE `com_text` `com_text` VARCHAR( 7 ) DEFAULT \'changed\' NOT NULL  

MySQL said:  

#1142 - alter command denied to user: \'marksells@localhost\' for table \'phpguest\'

2)

in trying to run an sql query, i get this error:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource

/test/phpMyAdmin/read_dump.php

does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit

except it\'s not nearly that simple. no matter the amount of code i give it, i recieve this error message.

i\'ve run a check (from nuke-cops i think), suggested by someone quite a while ago, and that said that everything was set up fine. it also said i had all the required permissions for everything.

3)

at the bottom of the structure page, it reads:

Error

The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here.

which has a link to a page that reads:

PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]

General relation features Disabled

any thoughts? i can\'t figure out how to uninstall... i tried just deleting the file folder from my ftp, but that doesn\'t work (and really shouldn\'t). i know i\'m missing something. are there settings in MySQL that can be changed to get phpMyAdmin uninstalled? i don\'t know how to connect to MySQL without using phpMyAdmin...

so, please, i could use your help. anything is better than nothing.

-- Cm

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.