What does this line mean??

kenwvs

The following is part of a file and I am wondering what the form.sb_buynow_price.value! means.  Is it referincing to another file, or is that a command to make something work?

It is a buy now feature in an auction program and the buy now was working, and I paid someone to do some upgrades, and now the buy now feature appears when listing an item, but doesn't appear to th buyer to make a purchase. 

I am thinking the stuff lower down that is referenced out (*/) is because I didn't want paypal to be a condition, but an option, so it was changed.

Thanks,

Ken

if(form.sb_buynow_price.value!='')
                {
                        if(isNaN(form.sb_buynow_price.value) || form.sb_buynow_price.value <= 0 )
                        {
                                alert("Please specify positive nonzero value for Buy Now Price");
                                form.sb_buynow_price.focus();
                                return false;
                        }
                /*        if( form.paypal_id.value=='')                ------disabled
                        {
                                alert("You must specify Paypal Id for buy now option to work");
                                form.paypal_id.focus();
                                return false;
                        }
                        if (!emailCheck (form.paypal_id.value) )
                        {
                                form.paypal_id.focus();
                                return (false);
                        }*/
                }

Looks like something to do with javascript to me. Either that or something with Flash, but I'm assuming against the latter.

Technically they could be constants, but as a rule you capitalize those--and using constants makes no sense in this case.

I'm stumped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.