[SOLVED] Admin section

Jurge

I have made a few developments to my site that alloow the site to be edited with php, however i ahve not been able to secure these files so technically anyone could use them. I have tried 3 different methods of protecting them but none of them have been quite what i was looking for does anyone have any ideas that can be achieved without the use of a database (I am too noob for database).

The methods i have tried are:

.htaccess and .htpasswd, but my free hosting service doesn't let em go above the root folder to add the .htpasswd file.

<?php require_once('../login.php'); ?>

at the top of all protected pages, this clashed with the scripts that I already had on the pages.

and a pre-made php script for a login but you can bypass the login by going straight to the file so it's pointless for my needs.

very grateful to anyone that can help thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.