Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdaniels

Refresh frames / login issue

I have an Iframe in a table, within the iframe is a form for user name and password, I want it so that when they hit submit it will refreash the enire page and not just the iframe.

any suggestions?
I had a snippet of javascript code, but in firefox it would kick an error about postdata being resubmitted, Id like to find a way with no errors if possible.. thanks,

depending on how your frames are setup, you should be able to use the target="" attribute on form, and target the parent of the iframe.

Im a novice, Could you give me an example?

my page is set up as a large table with an iframe in the center, the iframe has the login form. you can see what i mean at http://www.shaundaniels.com

i need it to refresh the main page because it contains dynamic links based on the users login. the probelm i have now is that when i log in it will not show the new links untill the page is refreshed.

well if you simply want to refresh the main window after logging in, run the following javascript:

[code]window.parent.location = window.parent.location;[/code]

Thank you that worked perfectly!

this is the code I was using that jacked it all up.
parent.window.location.reload( false );

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.