ini in script directory

Brian W

the company I work for just got a new client and their website uses all short tags. I do not really want to open the entire server up for using short tags, so I was going to just use a php.ini in the scripts directory which enables the short tags. But, I added the copy of the ini and changed the value to on for short tags and restarted the IIS, but no effect.

phpinfo tells me it's still grabbing the copy from c:\php

System info:

Configure Command-

cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"
"--disable-zts" "--disable-isapi" "--disable-activescript" "--with-extra-includes=C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft SDK\Include;C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE;
C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\VC98\INCLUDE;C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE"
"--with-extra-libs=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDK\Lib;C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\VC98\LIB;C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\VC98\MFC\LIB" 

Other configuration info

Server API 	CGI/FastCGI
Virtual Directory Support 	disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path 	C:\Windows
Loaded Configuration File 	C:\php\php.ini

I've been reading through the documentation and found that I can go into command line and run some -c argument to tell it to look for the ini in the specified directory, but can not seem to figure out how to even get the command line to do anything! do I just open php-cgi.exe ? if so, its not working, it won't respond to any commands... not even "php -v"

I aslo found something about going into the registry and changing some value, I don't feel comfortable changing the registry stuff unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any input.

Thank you, PFMaBiSmAd

It looks like a pain in the rear to add sites, but It's not the worse run-around to be invented by IIS.

It said that the technique was figured out at GoDaddy, I'm surprised because they give you an option, Linux (PHP & mySQL) or Microsoft (ASP & SQL Server).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.