Check where POST data came from?

Prismatic

On my forums i'm developing I dont want to allow anyone to send any POST data from any off-site sources. What would be the best method to thwart this?

If it helps to check against these, my config holds the following information

[code]
//Cookie Settings
$CookieDomain =".mysite.com";

//Board Header Information.
$SiteName = "MySite"; //Appears at the start of top links, IE. [Site Name] Board Name >> ...
$SiteURL = "http://www.mysite.com"; //Link for SiteName

$BoardName = "My Boards"; //Appears at the start of top links, IE. [Site Name] Board Name >> ...
$BoardURL = "http://www.MySite.com/Boards/"; //Link for BoardName
[/code]

I do that anyway, I just want to make sure they arn't sending a modified post from their own server.

And when I say post, I mean $_POST[''], not post as in a message to the forums, as I might have implied in the origonal post. Modified origonal post to clarify.

When you generate the form, INSERT a row with a Unique MD5 Hash, their Member ID and the date. Put the MD5 Hash in a hidden field, aswell as the date.
Then, on the receiving page, check that the Hash is valid, that it matches the User_id that created it and that too much time has not elapsed.

If this is scripts where people are going to be posting a topic/reply, you'll want to make sure that the time limit is quite long. Also, i would make sure you dont just give an error, make sure you return their orginal text incase someone was typing something long and loses it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.