MySQL Databases

-SeRj-

I need some help with a problem of mine i have downloaded a phpbb forum and i have uploaded it to my site im not at the install stage but i need to set up a MySql database and i have no idea how to do it..If anyone has any ideas could they play reply to this post..

Yer it is my own website well im paying so much a year for the space and im sorry but i dont know what u mean by OS does that mean operating system if so im at coll when i do this so im using windows nt.

this is the exact stage i\'ve got too....

i\'m hosting my own site on RH9 with apache and mysql

how do i create a blank database with a username and password so phpbb can write to it?

i tied the test database which doesnt have a password and phpbb went werid!

then i had problem accessing mysql at all! access denied messages!

lol....i\'ve just reinstalled and at stage 1 again.

any help welcome :)

Hey GraemeK do u want to help me build the rest of my site i cant think of an intro to make and what template to have for navigation...

If yu do help i will help you out with your site

My site hasnt got off the ground yet as i haven\'t had time with college and that but now im going to start up again..

i really dont know that much!

i\'d be glad to help you out though, two heads are better than one :)

i\'ve created a database by doing

sqladmin create database

but i need to add a username and password to it

i.e so i can start to install phpbb2 to it

thanks

Right so u can write in sql language i cannot do that thats y im trying to find someone who can like yourself...

I dunno how to do that stuff im more a java and html man php is ok aswell but sql language me = lost

could yu create a database for me plz as ive no idea i should really learn it but im over my head in course work could yu possible help me if you want ill give yu access to my domain.. if you can do it for me just the first bit then ill try and help yu by trying to figure out he bit you are on..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.