mysql, php and xml

noxiousfix

i'm trying to to use php to output xml populated from mysql. i have it working no prob. what i'm trying to do is get a swf. mp3 player to recognize the xml in the php for it's playlist.

how do i do this?

the <embed src> calls for an xml file. how do i get the player to see the php and make it think it is an xml file?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

i dont know if i can use a mod-rewrite. i'm not using apache server. i'm using abyss web server and it doesn't have that function.

i don't think it'll work without it either. i have the appropiate header and all info intact but the player just says "loading playlist" but never loads...

(slaps forehead) hadn't thought of that. slick idea.

ok, so i saved as .xml and guess what? the xml file works perfectly sitting right next to the .php file that should be. i'm really lost now. how can i get this to work? i have no idea what's wrong.

thanks for the help though. i'm kinda slow at somethings......  ;D

i have and it doesn't. i went to their forums and the only thing i found were hacks.

i might abbandon this idea altogether. i just cant get it to work. but get this:

i tried another swf player that had an xml file. the xml set the parameters for bgcolor, width, blah and blah. not to mention the playlist. i was able to change the parameters of the swf file thru xml output but it wouldn't play the mp3. i litterally tried everything. every other parameter was able to be manipulated in some way. color, height, width, font, everything... all except for the mp3.

i read in another forum about UTF-8 ecoding. what does that mean? it said something about the xml being UTF-8 encoded and sometimes the data from the mysql query isn't and it could cause problems. so i checked mysql table columns and all are set to UTF-8_general_ci. do you think it would be a problem with how the database is sending the information? php can read and process it but flash won't because of encoding?

hey, thanks for all the help too btw. this is my day off so i'll be in and out of here all day more than likely checkin on this until i just give up and go on to something else. thing is, i don't want to give up just yet.

welp, off to search other forums for the magic wand that brings this script to life... ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.