[SOLVED] Adding new fields to "New Thread" page

waynewex

As mentioned in another topic, I'm modding a MyBB forum for a client. Now, the editing of the HTML has gone fine, however, I'm a little bit iffy when it comes to editing the backend. Basically, I need to create a few more textfields on the New Thread that will allow the user to enter in:

Year, Make, Model, Engine Size, Auto/Man Trans & Mileage.

Now, I figured that the best way was to avoid messing around with the database and just concactenate those textfields onto the main thread message, which comes front a textarea called 'message'...  ::)

Anyway, here is the PHP for posting a new thread. Can anyone find the place where the code grabs the text from the textarea? I see multiple occasions where the variable 'message' is being used but I'm pretty unsure about where I should join it with my custom fields.

You can view the code here

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.