GD Libraries on Windows 2003 server

WaveMan

I have searched and tried every piece of advice I can find to get freakin' GD Libraries working on my server and nothing works! :(

I have the gd2 dll file in the ext directory and also have it uncommented out in php.ini and the path in php.ini points to the right directory...

I'm using php 5.2.3

Does anyone here have experience with this stuff?

Thank you!

A) Is the php.ini that you are changing the one that php is using (a phpinfo() statement will tell you), and

B) Did you stop and start the web server to get any changes made to php.ini to take effect?

A. Yes, it's in C:\php\php.ini

B: Yes, even have rebooted the server..

A) Does a phpinfo() statement show the GD extension?

B) Have you checked your web server error log file (IIS uses the Windows Event Log if I remember correctly) for any errors related to the GD extension?

C) How do you know it is not working? What symptoms or errors are you getting?

A) Does a phpinfo() statement show the GD extension?

B) Have you checked your web server error log file (IIS uses the Windows Event Log if I remember correctly) for any errors related to the GD extension?

C) How do you know it is not working? What symptoms or errors are you getting?

A) phpinfo does not show any GD extension

B)  nothing in the event log

C) I know it's not working - see A :)

Based on what you have posted, there should have been a startup error mentioning that the gd dll could not be loaded. So, it is likely that the php.ini change is not being used.

Post the line from the php.ini that you uncommented.

What does a phpinfo() statement show for the 'Loaded Configuration File'

Based on what you have posted, there should have been a startup error mentioning that the gd dll could not be loaded. So, it is likely that the php.ini change is not being used.

Post the line from the php.ini that you uncommented.

What does a phpinfo() statement show for the 'Loaded Configuration File'

Loaded Configuration File C:\PHP\php.ini

extension=php_gd2.dll

To see if php is processing the php.ini at the point where the extension statements are at, try either commenting out an extension that phpinfo() shows is being loaded or uncomment a different extension that phpinfo() shows is not being loaded, stop and start the IIS service in the service control panel and see if the change is reflected in the phpinfo() output.

The information you have posted should cause the gd extension to be loaded or there should be an error in a log file telling you that it cannot be loaded.

To see if php is processing the php.ini at the point where the extension statements are at, try either commenting out an extension that phpinfo() shows is being loaded or uncomment a different extension that phpinfo() shows is not being loaded, stop and start the IIS service in the service control panel and see if the change is reflected in the phpinfo() output.

The information you have posted should cause the gd extension to be loaded or there should be an error in a log file telling you that it cannot be loaded.

I commented out mysqli.dll and it stopped showing up in phpinfo...

Any GD related error's in a log file yet?

Was the gd2.dll already in the ext folder or did you obtain it separately and put it in that folder? How did you obtain the php package? Precompiled Windows binary from the php.net site or did you compile it yourself or get it from somewhere besides the php.net site?

You need to fill in the blanks. What you have shown works. If it is not working it is because there is something specific to how you have gotten to this point that is preventing it from working.

Any GD related error's in a log file yet?

Was the gd2.dll already in the ext folder or did you obtain it separately and put it in that folder? How did you obtain the php package? Precompiled Windows binary from the php.net site or did you compile it yourself or get it from somewhere besides the php.net site?

no GD related errors under "system events"....

I don't recall but I'm sure I just used the win32 installer....

It was already in the folder...

The php .msi installer package should not be used. Ever. And if you did use it, you must use the add/remove under the Windows control panel to enable php extensions.

That did it! I did the add/remove programs for php then selected "Change" - all I had to do was add gd to the install!

Thanks man!

Holy crap - you have no idea how bad this was stressin' me out!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.