Working template

waynewex

It's not bad, but I fail to see how it is an improvement over your last site that I can see from clicking any links.  Should a contact button really be your header?  Can you come up with something else?  The color feels like it glows, I'm not sure I like it, seems little bright. There is no footer?  Each box says contact me at the bottom?  Redundant?

I agree with jcomb's statements. Since you have a contact link in the top menu, I would perhaps dedicate the current large contact space to show perhaps your latest project, or list your credentials, etc... It would make more effective use of homepage space IMO.

I would also contemplate widening your three panels 'Web Development, PHP MySQL and Logo Desgin' to equal the width of the site content, as there currently is a small gap on the right-hand side. Looks like there is supposed to be something there, but is not displaying.

A small final minor note, while a ridiculous majority of people probably leave their browser backgrounds set to white as default, some may not. As a result, it appears you have not given the bottom part of your home page a white background colour (to see what I mean, simply fire up firefox, type in about:config in the url field and hit enter. Then type 'color' into the filter field. Set 'Browser.Display.Background_Color' to something other than white. Never hurts to set your backgrounds of divs / html body via css, just to make sure it will look correct, despite the user's browser's colour settings.

It's not bad, but I fail to see how it is an improvement over your last site that I can see from clicking any links.  Should a contact button really be your header?  Can you come up with something else?  The color feels like it glows, I'm not sure I like it, seems little bright. There is no footer?  Each box says contact me at the bottom?  Redundant?

The contact header is there to try and draw potential clients in. They may be hesitant, and I just want to make sure that it's as clear as day that they can easily contact me.

I love bright colours, especially blue, so I kind of wanted an effect like that. I know that it won't be some people's cup of tea but then again, there's no way that I'll be able to please everyone.

You're right about those contact links, it seems that I have kind of overdone it.

Oh, and the footer is there if you scroll down (another thing I intend to change is the large gap of whitespace - even though some people love lots of space). :?

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree with jcomb's statements. Since you have a contact link in the top menu, I would perhaps dedicate the current large contact space to show perhaps your latest project, or list your credentials, etc... It would make more effective use of homepage space IMO.

I would also contemplate widening your three panels 'Web Development, PHP MySQL and Logo Desgin' to equal the width of the site content, as there currently is a small gap on the right-hand side. Looks like there is supposed to be something there, but is not displaying.

A small final minor note, while a ridiculous majority of people probably leave their browser backgrounds set to white as default, some may not. As a result, it appears you have not given the bottom part of your home page a white background colour (to see what I mean, simply fire up firefox, type in about:config in the url field and hit enter. Then type 'color' into the filter field. Set 'Browser.Display.Background_Color' to something other than white. Never hurts to set your backgrounds of divs / html body via css, just to make sure it will look correct, despite the user's browser's colour settings.

Point noted about the contact space. I'll have to have a rethink of it and see if I can fit something in.

The three content divs are indeed hanging moreso to the left. I'll have to find a way to make them center them.

Also, thanks for the Firefox tip. I'll make note of that for the future too! :)

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.