[SOLVED] $PHP_AUTOCONF

ScotDiddle

Hi All,

I have successfully installed ImageMagic and the php hook imagick on my development server at work...

However, the powers that be won't allow me to touch the production server.

When I asked them to install ImageMagic and the php hook, they get the following error with the imagick portion...

------------------------

[root@lpismi01 imagick-2.2.2]$ phpize && ./configure

Configuring for:

PHP Api Version:        20041225

Zend Module Api No:      20060613

Zend Extension Api No:  220060519

Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the

$PHP_AUTOCONF

environment variable is set correctly and then rerun this script.

--------------------------

They are telling me that there is somthing wrong with the php installation on prod ( even though they installed it, and everything else works just like dev... )

They tell me it is my problem to solve, and I don't have a clue where to look... Google returns a few vague references and pointers in php internals discussions...

I have compared the phpinfo() output from each environment and don't see anything that might be causing the different behaivour between the two systems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

Hi All,

I found the following url : http://www.spiration.co.uk/post/1385/Cannot%20find%20autoconf.%20Please%20check%20your%20autoconf%20installation

I downloaded the files mentioned, gave them to my SysAdmin who installed same for me, then he re-tried installing the php extension imagick and installation worked without a hitch. 

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.