JV Firesale Automator Script not crediting the referrer. Why?

kthomas

Hi,

I simply cannot figure out why my JV Firesale Automator script will not credit any affiliate whose ID number is 2 or above.  It works perfectly if someone goes to the affiliate link for ID number 1.

For the ID number 1 link, when new people register at that page, the referrer in the mysql database shows up as 1.

For any other ID number link, when new people register at their page, the referrer in the mysql database shows up as 0, instead of the actual referrer ID number.

I had put in an earlier request for help, showing my rewrite rules, in case that was the problem, and it got moved to the Apache server section, but I have no idea if it is, indeed, a rewrite rule problem.  Because the affiliate pages DO show up, and people are able to register as new members through them, but then the affiliate doesn't get credited as the referrer.

Perhaps it is in the PHP script itself.  Maybe something in the registerm.php file.  There are several files the script can call up, depending on if a JV partner or a regular person is registering, but they all seem to say the same thing in the section where it is supposed to post the referrer ID into the mysql database.

Will it help to post the registerm.php file here, or is that some other kind of problem?  I am such a noob about these things.

Any help anyone can give will be most appreciated, as one of my member sites has virtually been shut down for at least 6 weeks now, ever since I went to switch to this JV Firesale Automator software, and incurred this referral crediting problem.

What do you think?  Is it the script, or those rewrite rules, which could cause this?  If it is the rewrite rules, then I will just stick to that Apache server section of the forum.

Once again, I am so glad to have found you guys.  One of these days I will learn enough to help out some others.  I've certainly seen how frustrating it can be when your script just doesn't work!

Thanks,
kthomas

The JV Firesale script was released with massive bugs in it. It is now passed around in the Internet Marketing niche for free most places. I have seen at least 3 versions of the script and each time it gets passed around there may be a few bug fixes.

My best advice on this particular script is not to use it since it has many bugs and a few security risks.

Thank you, lochshire, for the good advice.  Since I have been searching for a way to fix this, I have seen a couple of people mention something about the bugs.  Perhaps the best thing would be to scrap it.

Back to the drawing board...

Sincerely,
kthomas

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.