PHP Code Highlighting

adamwhiles

I was wondering how to go about highlight example php code. I have a page where I show examples of how to use php code and I would like to highlight the php code in it, alot like phpfreaks does on their tutorial pages. I already have a box with the code in it that displays fine, I just want to color the syntax and format it a little. A point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks

Well here is an example of what i have:

[code]
<div id="php_code_header">PHP Code Example:</div>
<div id="php_code">
if (IsSet($_POST['Submit'])) {
<br>echo "The submit button was pressed";
<br>}
<br>else {
<br>echo "The submit button was not pressed";
<br>}
</div>
[/code]

The div's setup my box the code is contained in, and I want the rest to be highlighted. I'm not sure I understand how to go about this.

Ok. 

I think there's a possibilty you are going about presenting the code the wrong way.  And by the way,  I love the avatar.  It sounds like you are either making a forum type system, or maybe just highlighting some could for tutorials.

Are you accepting a POSTed string and highlighting it, or are you purposely putting code inside a variable then printing it?

If you can tell me what and/or how your process works, I might be able to suggest a better situation for you.

I figured it out through a little trial and error. Thanks for you help though. Glad you like my avatar. Here is the code I used in case anyone else needs help with this.

[code]
highlight_string('<? if (IsSet($_POST[\'Submit\'])) {
echo "The submit button was pressed";
}
else {
echo "The submit button was not pressed";
}
?>');
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.